By Rabbi Jeffrey K. Salkin
Insights, rules and actions for discussing with scholars what Jewish humans need to say approximately Israel.
A step by step consultant to inventive use of A Dream of Zion: American Jews examine Why Israel concerns to Them within the lecture room. each one consultation contains:
- A in actual fact acknowledged objective
- An commencing hook to snatch scholars’ awareness
- Intriguing dialogue inquiries to consultant scholars in a private exploration of the that means of Israel to them
- Activities to aid scholars expand their considering on Israel
Read or Download A Dream of Zion Teacher's Guide: The Complete Leader's Guide to A Dream of Zion: American Jews Reflect on Why Israel Matters to Them PDF
Similar judaism books
In paintings, Love, ache, and loss of life: A Jewish/Psychological viewpoint via Logotherapy, Rabbi Reuven P. Bulka bargains a close comparability of Judaism and psychology on a few key concerns, demonstrating that after taken jointly, fields can supply deeper insights into one another and a better realizing of life's which means and function.
Rabbi Loew (the Maharal) of Prague continues to be probably the most influential and prolific Jewish thinkers of his time. extensively certainly one of the fathers of Hassidic notion and a harbinger of recent Jewish philosophy, his existence and paintings have retained their impression and stay well-known this day. Adopting a multi-disciplinary strategy, this e-book levels from an research of the ancient heritage to Maharal’s inspiration, to analyzing the relevance of this idea within the sleek period, sooner than addressing the preferred cultural and folkloristic reception of Maharal’s effect on glossy, Western tradition.
This ebook is an workout within the systematic recourse to anachronism as a theological-exegetical mode of apologetics. in particular, Neusner demonstrates the potential of the Rabbinic sages to learn rules attested of their personal day as authoritative testaments to — to them — precedent days. therefore, Scripture was once learn as necessary testimony to the modern scene.
Akiva Cohen investigates the final learn query: how do the authors of non secular texts reconstruct their group identification and ethos within the absence in their valuable cult? His specific socio-historical concentration of this extra basic query is: how do the respective authors of the Gospel in keeping with Matthew, and the editor(s) of the Mishnah redefine their team identities following the destruction of the second one Temple?
- Enoch, Levi, and Jubilees on Sexuality: Attitudes towards Sexuality in the Early Enoch Literature, the Aramaic Levi Document, and the Book of Jubilees
- Everything is Married to Its Own Reason
- The Formation of the Jewish Canon (The Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library)
- Hebrew Wisdom: Kabbalah
- Heiligung bei Paulus: Ein Beitrag aus biblisch-theologischer Sicht (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament) (German Edition)
Extra resources for A Dream of Zion Teacher's Guide: The Complete Leader's Guide to A Dream of Zion: American Jews Reflect on Why Israel Matters to Them
A Dream of Zion Teacher's Guide: The Complete Leader's Guide to A Dream of Zion: American Jews Reflect on Why Israel Matters to Them by Rabbi Jeffrey K. Salkin