By Wendy Martin
An fascinating new reference paintings that illuminates the ideals, customs, occasions, fabric tradition, and associations that made up Emily Dickinson's global, giving clients a look at either Dickinson's existence and instances and the social background of the USA within the nineteenth century.
• offers greater than 2 hundred alphabetically prepared entries, overlaying such topics as structure; costume; schooling and highbrow lifestyles; newspapers; marriage; relatives (including Dickinson's own); foods and drinks; associates; crops and animals; spiritual practices; philosophies; struggle; a few of the symbols and issues present in Dickinson's poetry; and different facets of Dickinson's era
• offers a chronology from 1801 to 1945 directory milestones in Emily Dickinson's lifestyles, her courses, in addition to major occasions of the nineteenth century
• deals listings of suggested books, on-line assets, and videos
• offers illustrations and pictures that upload to the knowledge of Dickinson's stories and the area round her
Read Online or Download All Things Dickinson: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World PDF
Similar encyclopaedias books
With approximately 2 hundred and fifty separately signed entries, the Encyclopedia of Twentieth-Century African background explores the ways that the peoples of Africa and their politics, states, societies, economies, environments, cultures and humanities have been remodeled throughout the process that Janus-faced century.
Vulnerability overview of actual security structures publications the reader in the course of the subject of actual safety with a different, exact and clinical process. The e-book describes the whole vulnerability review (VA) technique, from the beginning of making plans via base line and out short to senior administration.
The Routledge overseas Encyclopedia of Queer tradition covers homosexual, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer (GLBTQ) existence and tradition post-1945, with a powerful foreign method of the topic. The scope of the paintings is very entire, with entries falling into the extensive different types of Dance, schooling, movie, well-being, Homophobia, the web, Literature, track, functionality, and Politics.
Concentrating on study designs for initiatives that gather either qualitative and quantitative info, David L. Morgan’s Integrating Qualitative and Quantitative equipment: a realistic procedure discusses suggestions for bringing qualitative and quantitative tools jointly in order that their mixed strengths accomplish greater than is feasible with a unmarried procedure.
- The American Ascendancy: How the United States Gained and Wielded Global Dominance
- Sweet Treats around the World: An Encyclopedia of Food and Culture: An Encyclopedia of Food and Culture
- Encyclopedia of Language Development
- »Dieses ist der Mittelpunkt der Welt«: Pariser Tagebuch 1788/1789 (German Edition)
Extra resources for All Things Dickinson: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World
All Things Dickinson: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World by Wendy Martin