By Archie W. Prestayko
Comprised of 39 chapters, this publication starts with a preclinical evaluation of cisplatin, targeting its mechanism of motion, pharmacology, antitumor job, analogs, and toxicity. The dialogue then turns to the consequences of cisplatin on DNA and the prospective relationships to cytotoxicity and mutagenicity in mammalian cells; deadly job of platinum compounds together with pyrimidine derivatives; and ultrastructural results of cisplatin. next chapters specialise in the reason of blend chemotherapy; poisonous unwanted effects of platinum analogs; radiopharmacokinetics of cisplatin; and using cisplatin for the therapy of malignancies akin to ovarian melanoma and complicated adenocarcinoma of the prostate.
This monograph should be invaluable to oncologists and pharmacologists.
By Christine A. Wanke,Sherwood L. Gorbach
By Eric S. Holmboe,Steven James Durning,Richard E. Hawkins
Designed to aid clinical educators implement larger overview tools, instruments, and versions directly into education courses, Practical advisor to the evaluate of medical Competence, 2d Edition, via Drs. Eric S. Holmboe, Steven J. Durning, and Richard E. Hawkins, is a hands-on, authoritative consultant to outcomes-based overview in scientific schooling. nationwide and foreign specialists current an prepared, multifaceted process and a various mixture of tools to assist you practice powerful exams. This completely revised version is a necessary source for constructing, imposing, and maintaining powerful structures for comparing scientific competence in clinical university, residency, and fellowship programs.
- Each bankruptcy offers practical feedback and overview models that may be applied at once into education courses, instruments that may be used to degree medical functionality, overviews of key academic theories, and strengths and weaknesses of each method.
- Guidelines that practice around the clinical schooling spectrum let you implement the book’s equipment in any academic situation.
- New chapters on top of the range overview of medical reasoning and evaluation of procedural competence, in addition to a brand new bankruptcy on useful techniques to feedback.
- Reorganized for ease of use, with expanded coverage of Milestones/Entrustable specialist exams (EPAs), cognitive review thoughts, work-based procedural exams, and frameworks.
- The expert editorial crew, popular leaders in assessment, is joined by means of worldwide chief in clinical schooling and medical reasoning, Dr. Steven Durning.
By Dennis Upper,Joseph R. Cautela
This ebook is constituted of 36 chapters and opens with an summary of the theoretical history of covert conditioning and facts to help its uncomplicated underlying assumptions. all the subsequent six chapters introduces one of many significant covert conditioning recommendations (covert sensitization, covert reinforcement, covert destructive reinforcement, covert extinction, covert modeling, and covert reaction rate) and offers experimental analogue facts (if to be had) of its efficacy. using every one method in treating a few scientific objective behaviors can also be mentioned. the ultimate part describes the scientific software of combos of covert conditioning concepts to numerous difficulties.
This monograph can be an invaluable source for psychologists and behavioral therapists.
By Chad M. Brummett,Steven P. Cohen
By Nicola Bulled
By Loretta A Cormier
By Michael A. Gatzoulis,Lorna Swan,Judith Therrien,George A. Pantely,Eugene Braunwald
This functional advisor with its elementary a,b,c technique is written for these professionals.
Special beneficial properties of this book:
• Introduces the rules of congenital middle disorder and tells you whom and whilst to refer for expert care
• Discusses universal congenital middle lesions in a realistic, easy-to-follow manner, with an emphasis on prognosis and administration issues
• comprises an intensive bankruptcy on 'Pregnancy and Contraception' (by Philip J. Steer), crucial either for kinfolk making plans and for coping with thoroughly the pregnant lady with congenital center disease
• comprises chapters on non-cardiac surgical procedure and way of life matters comparable to paintings, insurability, shuttle and driving
• offers beneficial info on facing universal emergencies; what to do and what to not do
With a wealth of illustrations (including diagrams, EKGs, CXRs, Echos and cardiac MRIs) and with key element tables, this is often a vital consultant for all healthiness care execs handling sufferers with grownup congenital center disease.
By Joseph R. Masci
This e-book offers a whole international exam of the issues, diagnoses, and administration of HIV infections. this is often crucial for the HIV professional and for these interested by HIV care, this booklet provides:
- information at the always altering and increasing drug remedies and therapy ideas for HIV
- the most modern advancements and often up to date therapy instructions
- includes new bankruptcy on worldwide efforts opposed to HIV/AIDS. attracts from author's overseas event
- includes a bankruptcy on HIV and aging-hot subject within the box
- looks on the growth and routinization of HIV checking out
- a whole worldwide exam of the problems, diagnoses, and administration of HIV infections
- expert and authoriatative recommendation from Joseph R. Masci; Director of medication at Elmhurst health facility heart in ny, who's hugely revered within the box
- user pleasant sections: center curriculum in HIV drugs, specific populations, and platforms of care
- up-to-date references, making sure you've entry to the newest information